What Are the Benefits of Getting a Messenger RNA (mRNA) COVID-19 Vaccine?
Credit: Cody Shipman, CoVPN
After receiving 2 doses, this vaccine can reduce the risk of:
- Being hospitalized with severe COVID-19 disease
- Dying as a result of severe COVID-19 symptoms
The vaccines were tested in and found to be safe for:
- Racial and ethnic minorities
- Older adults aged 65 and older
- People with pre-existing medical conditions*
*Pre-existing medical conditions include obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and chronic heart and lung diseases.
Content last reviewed on May 18, 2021